Thursday, July 15, 2010

In which I get very, VERY serious about my running skillzzz.

May had arrived all full of sunshine and flowers. And Spring stuff. After completing the C25K (more or less) in 3 weeks (give or take) I was prepared to claim my spot alongside the champions (obvi.)
I deemed it fully appropriate to leave my slow yellow dog home and to systematically add a few minutes to the old run each day/ish. I was counting down the days to my race and already fearing that I would finish in dead last place, partially broken and fully unconscious. It was a very worrying time for me....

May 5th, 2010: 2.2 miles 25:54 for a pace of 11:46 "A good run. Getting better. Clearly Olympic bound."

May 7th, 2010: 2.4 miles 27:00 pace of 11:15 "A CRAP run today." Could hardly do it and heaved and wheezed terribly. Will have to take up knitting..."

May 11th, 2010: 2.4 miles, 26:00 pace of 10:50 "A miracle occurred and I ran less craptastically today."

May 13th, 2010: 2.5 miles, 26:00 pace of 10:24 "I am obviously on some kind of freakish and advanced learning curve."

May 18th, 2010: 2.7 miles, 27:00 pace of 10:00 "Ran a different route today in very warm (almost 80) weather. Legs/ breathing felt pretty good although the ground was very uneven. Just in a bad headspace for running today. Never really got happy about it..."

May 19th 2010: 2.6 miles, 25:00 pace of 9:37 "Not a bad run at all considering the intensity of yesterday's workout. Ran my regular route and found it to be pretty great after running by the lake yesterday. Sore in ankles- need new shoes. Or new ankles?"

May 20, 2010: 2.7 miles 26:00 pace of 9:38 "Good: Breathing felt good, legs were good after 1st 1/2 mile Bad: Right ankle very sore. Finally remembered that I fell down a hill the other day and twisted it because I am uncoordinated douchebag. Also, very hot out! Despite the heat it wasn't a struggle though- my head was in a pretty good place. Hmmm.

This is where I'm going to stop today's excellent installment. Coming up are such dramatic things as: Getting new shoes, the joy! The countdown to the race, I haven't run 3 miles yet: Will I MAKE IT?? And the all important: My race goals, lofty or pathetic?? Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment