Monday, July 19, 2010

The final countdown. (insert musical montage here.)

I had made it to the last few days of my pre race training. I felt like I was going to survive but that it was NOT going to be pretty. I had nervous feelings in mah belly.

May 24, 2010: 2.7 miles, 24:27 pace of 9:03 87 degrees. Despite that madness it was a good run and I made good time. Used new shoes and was pleased- perhaps they are a little big? Ankle much better- but I did feel it after the 1st mile...

May 26, 2010 2.7 miles 29:14 pace of 1 hour 17 minutes per mile: Slow as SHIT because it was close to 90 and so humid. Never out of breath though and had a decent run. Some ankle pain.

May 28, 2010: 2.7 miles, 23.07, pace of 8:34: UMMMM, HELLO?? I AM FAST! What the hell!!

June 1, 2010: 3.0 miles 25.34 pace of 8:31:A little rainy and cool- and after 3 days of not running my legs and ankles felt a little iffy. I was super pleased with the time/distance that I did. But OH GOD!! This was fy first legit 3 miles and my LAST run before the race. Oh no, doooom. DOOOM!!!

My next post: Race Day (and we're quickly catching up to almost current time... Which is good becasue I have a lot going on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment