Saturday, February 19, 2011

This is it!

The final countdown has arrived. In about 22 hours, give or take, I'll be DONE with this whole ordeal!

I'm getting kinda excited slash terrified.

Hopefully I'm over my taper tantrum (doubt it.)

Here are some realistic goals/plans.

-Start slow. Shouldn't be a problem with 1600 runners on a "VERY NARROW" road.

-Run to the 10K point and evaluate. Consider walking for a minute, having a little snack, stretching.

-Looks like hills at miles 8 and 10. I'll be getting tired by then and if the legs are hollering I'll slow down accordingly.

-Have enough gas in the tank to be able to run the last mile or so withoug wishing for death.

My expected finishing time?

1:58:55

I'd be pumped.

Feel free to guess my finishing time, maybe there will be prizes?!

Wish me luck, THIS IS IT! EEEEEKKKK!

6 comments:

  1. that would be a great finishing time--good luck to you! if it makes you feel any better, in the one half i ran in '00 i finished in 2:55:33!!! you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That taper is going to be the ticket, I tell ya! :) I think you are probably a little high with your time... I am guessing under 1:58.

    Wishing you the very best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely nail that time! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

    ReplyDelete