Thursday, December 30, 2010

Musical Query AND The Final Run!

Now I REALLY am doing the final countdown!
(cue the music... dah-dah-dah-DAH! DumdumdumdumDUM!! you know what I mean)

Today is my last run before Saturdays race and I'm feeling just fine about things. No, I haven't run the full 6.2 more than....once... But I have put in a good number of 6.0 mile runs and really, not such a big difference. I know I can do it, I doubt I will hurl chunks onto my Mizunos and I feel as prepared as I have been for a race since probably July. GO ME!! To top it all off the weather looks like it is going to be amazingly beautiful- a clear sign from the heavens that I'm going to have a kickass day and claim multiple medals. (MULTIPLE. YEAH!!)

Want to know the BEST news? Since this is my first time racing 10K I will PR even if I finish in 56,987 hours!

My big task for the next 48 hours is to update my Ipod with new music. I doubt I'll race with it- I like to be able to hear people sneaking up on me- but the old Ipod is the only thing that has made all the miles on the dreadmill tolerable.

So todays big question for my fellow interwebbers:
What songs to you have on your Ipod for when you are ready to kick some major booty???

3 comments:

  1. My favorite running jams (feel free to laugh at me): Run this Town - Jay Z and Rhianna, We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel, Semi Charged Kind of Life - Semisonic

    Don't worry about the race - you'll be fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog--I'm 45, so I can't consider you middle-aged! ; )

    I'm not an ipod user when I run, so I'm not a good one to ask. Good luck with the music and the speedy pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your race, you'll kick ass, I know it!
    What songs? I'm a pop music lover: Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc.etc..

    ReplyDelete