Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm awesome and clearly an elite athlete!

Not that I'm bragging or anything (yeah right) but I firmly believe that you should all be proud to know me.

Yesterday, in very questionable conditions (meaning, slush and shiznit all over the roads) I ran 6.3 miles. YES I DID SUCKERS.

Did I mention that I'm awesome?? Oh yes, I expect so.

This was done over a mountain, per the norm.

In a staggering (HAH) time of 51.45. Fairly solid for a first effort at the 10K distance, over Mount Kanchenjunga in the SNOW. I guess I could stand to pick up the pace just a hair but really- I'm old, slow and decrepit. So there.

Anyhoo!! Merry Christmas to me! Running a 10K (race) was one of my goals for the Oh-Ten but I think it's legit to say mission freaking accomplished.

I believe I should add that there was no weeping involved, no vomming, no walking and most of all no sore muscles in the aftermath.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job!!! That is the one race distance I have never ran, I need to put that on my goal list for next year. Oh, and I also have a goal of a 21 something 5K!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. And super fast compared to some of us! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete