Sunday, November 8, 2020

Summer weather, improving leg, more miles, and some slow running

This past week marked the turning point for weird leg. There were no issues, no funny feelings, not even one step of ouch while running, no little pains when I hopped out of bed first thing in the morning. 
While all of those things have been diminishing over the past few weeks, this was the first where there was nothing of note AT ALL. Good news. 

I did 3 runs that were 100% actual running, no walk breaks. Two 6.2 adventures, on a couple of delightful days where the temps were unseasonably warm. I also did a very short run (2-ish) just to get in miles for the Half K a Day Challenge. I also did a couple mostly-run-but-a bit-of-walk workouts on treadmill (because it was FREEZING at the beginning of the week. Tuesday was a high of 31 and WINDY. GROSS.) And sunday, when it was 72 degrees, we enjoyed a 5-plus mile hike. 

Summer Hiking

Currently, I am feeling very happy to be on the right track. I have been keeping up the ice/rolling and plan to continue doing so. Other than feeling pleased, I am feeling slow and sluggish while running. (mixed feelings???) While I am sure that my run/walk plan was (A) key to my recovery, and (B) most likely helpful in keeping up *some* fitness, I am certainly NOT feeling super fit or speedy. 
If this next week goes well, I plan to incorporate some small speed workouts into the routine the following week. (I know *at my advanced age* it takes some time to get the legs to come around....) For the next week, I hope to get in more "strictly running" work while on the road, while being more careful while on the treadmill. While running on the treadmill did not seem to cause any issues last week, it has not been my ideal surface lately. 

This was the first week in FOREVER that I was able to bank a couple "bonus" miles for the BOS2BHB challenge. (Still about 50 miles behind....) I successfully logged all the miles, plus extra, for the Half-K challenge. The final week of Half-K should really assist in reclaiming miles for the other challenge. I believe the mileage that week is something close to 50- not sustainable for me long term, but a good place to play catch up. 

And, as mentioned, the weather was insane. 30 and snow on Tuesday. Legit 70 plus and blazing sun Saturday and Sunday. OK. 

Stats:
Miles run: 33.5 (about 5 of these were hiking)
Warmest day: 70 Coldest: 32 FUCK
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 230/569 Another 10 place improvement. Encouraging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment