Monday, November 30, 2020

Half K Challenge: Complete! Plus, big moves in the BOS to BHB attempt.

After a week of some high mileage, the Half K Challenge wrapped up today! I completed this with success, and did not miss a day, or miss nay mileage. As I have mentioned, this is the first time I have ever done a streak, and I wasn't sure how I would feel without a rest day. I'm pleased to say, that I finished up in fine form, and with no physical (or mental??) issues. I certainly took some easier days (run/walk) and I am quite sure that helped. 
This being said, I simply can not imagine running with intensity (marathon training) and never having a day off. I definitely think that when one is doing speed work/long runs/hills, the rest days are critical.

The plus of all this running is I have been able to see some glorious sunsets. 

Nice

Some big moons.

Why am I running at 5AM?????

And definitely some rain the other day. 

I literally give zero shits

Another positive is that I seem to have racked up some miles in my Boston to Bar Harbor Challenge. I made a huge jump in the standings, and was ranked out of the 200's for the first time since week one (I think?) 

I'm physically feeling great, and am in much better running shape than I have been since before the weird leg (which held up so well this month that I shall retire that topic. I'm still being super mindful, ice, rolling, etc. More than anything I'm having a minor reccurance of sesamoiditis in my right foot which is annoying. And par for the course.)

We managed a rainy day hike on Saturday which was pretty sweet. Despite the rain, the conditions are still completely fall like, at least in the lower peaks. Lots of fun, and we are all very happy to get out on the less traveled trails since Covid is going bananas around here. 

Ellie wishes we would not be so lame

It is definitely funny/uncomfortable seeing other parts of the country carrying on as normal. Marathons being run. People BQ'ing. Turkey Trots galore. 
To be honest, nothing seems like a worse idea at the moment. 
Yep, I miss my racing life, but I'm legit enjoying the day to day work. I'm appreciating the many health benefits of my active lifestyle. Work has been beyond stressful, and running really helps me to cope with my anxiety. With all the uncertainty, it is so satisfying to log a good workout, and know that I'm committed to my health. 

Anyway. On to next week (or, this week since I'm posting a day late in order to celebrate my Half K victory!) 
I need to continue logging miles for Boston to Bar Harbor. I have to check to see how far behind I still am- but there's still work to be done there. (LIES: I am NOT behind, I am now AHEAD: 14.02 miles. WINNING WINNING)
I managed to run some 800's last week (slow, but not as slow as I normally run!) 
Winter is not yet really here, so running outdoors has been completely safe, if not altogether pleasant. 
Maybe I keep a streak alive until New Years?? (NOT continuing to add Half k a day though....) 

Stats:
Miles run: 
Running: 45.93 (WTF like a legit peak marathon week)
Hiking: 7.3
Straight up walking: 4
Total: 57.23 HOLY SHIT
Warmest day: 46, coldest day 28 and a half inch of snow
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 164/571 36 place improvement. That happens when you run more than twice the miles required. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Blackjack in San Jose | Blackjack online at the Blackjack
    Play online blackjack game in San 공주 출장샵 Jose 김천 출장샵 at the Blackjack online at the Blackjack online at 김포 출장샵 the Blackjack online at the 전라남도 출장샵 Blackjack online at 구리 출장샵 the

    ReplyDelete