Sunday, November 22, 2020

BOS to BHB Week 13 (my week count has been wrong...) The Half K lives on, Summer is OVER

The title says it all, I don't need to write any more!

I managed to do 5 actual runs, and (as promised) some really tragic "speed work" of 4x400 at an 8:00 pace. HAHA!!!! I have not done any speed AT ALL in so long, that it's like doing it for the first time. 

Winter is not really here, but summer is absolutely gone. We had a couple days that were quite chilly and it seems that there may be some stupid snow in the forecast. 

I spent this weeks "rest days" doing a walk/run, and a hike, followed by more walking so that my Half-K streak would not be broken. I'm hanging in there with that one, and also slowly making up ground for the BOS to BHB challenge. Weird leg has been good- I was the *tiniest* bit worried that I felt something after two consecutive treadmill days, but it was nothing. 

Weird moment of the week was getting a finishers medal for BOS 2 BHB....
I'm not finished. Like, at all? So I guess one gets a medal just for signing up. Either way, if I don't manage to get the correct mileage in the correct time, I'm going to have to give this prize away at terrible christmas (scheduled for July, maybe of 2022, once Covid is somewhat under control....)

Work was a cluster fudge this week, which is what it is??? I was planning to give myself a little birthday afternoon hike on tuesday (NOPE) but we were lucky to snag some totally decent Saturday afternoon weather and get a nice one in with Lee. 
We didn't hike at all with him last year, because he was injured, so it's great that he's back in one piece and doing silly things with us. 

Hiking with my FRIENDS!!!

So, the forecast looks crummy this week, but so far this year, no snow. Like, a dusting one morning but that was it. I love a nice, brown November!

Brown November sunset

This week will be a good, solid challenge. Unless I want to quit the Half K challenge, my daily mileage is going to be over 7 miles all week. I have never heard of such a thing!! We'll see how I manage to trudge through this. I have made it this far, and it seems pretty silly to quit now, so I am hoping I am just to stubborn to give up!

Stats:
Miles run: 
Running, or Run Walking: 34
Hiking: 4.15
Straight up walking (not work related...) 4.5
Total: 42.65
Warmest day: 52, coldest day 28 :-( 
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 200/571 Big, 20 place jump this week. YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment