Sunday, October 18, 2020

Week 7 of the BOS to BHB Challenge

Thankfully, I was able to get some miles in this week (not "enough" but some!)

I figured that until I'm feeling zero, ZERO weirdness from my shin, that I'll be getting miles in but taking it super easy. 
Oddly, I actually have more discomfort after a treadmill workout than an outdoor run. (and let me be clear- during this week I had zero pain (YAY!) but after the treadmill the weird leg just felt.... weird.... So I'm being especially dainty on the treadmill. 
My runs this week were a variety of shuffles, walk runs, and (as the week went on) more running time than walking. And, the shin feels quite alright at the present moment. 

The weather was a mixed bag this week. Thursday was 68, sunshine, full blown Indian summer glory. Friday evening into Saturday we got a couple inches of rain, and the temp hovered close to 38 degrees for most of Saturday. GROSS.....

Indian summer

I've been really busy at work, for what feels like months and months (and in a way, that is true!) This is a tricky time of year when I put in a ton of hours. This is good, because business is good, and making money is good!!! The tricky thing is that I haven't had an actual day off since.... August? Yikes. Covid is making scheduling tougher than normal, but I'm working on finding actual balance. 

I've had a few people ask me about Boston 2021. No news yet! You all know that my best guess is that it will be a no-go, or elites only. 
My real question at this point is pertaining to how things will be handled when it's all systems go. Theoretically, my BQ time for 2020 should get me in to 2021 (I earned that time at Boston 2019.) Currently, there are no races in a safe traveling distance for me to even consider re-qualifying in (this is NOT the case everywhere. There are still people qualifying.)
So. Say it's September of 2021 and the BAA says "yep, 2022 is a go. We know 358,982 of you have qualified at this point." How's THAT going to work? I suppose one easy solution is to stick with the standard, that the fastest people get in. Fair enough. OR, at some point they tell us our current BQ times are void, and we have to do it again. Again, fair enough, and certainly a good way to shrink the pool. 
Whatever they do, I'm fine with it. 

Stats: Stats:
Miles run: 24.3
Grossest day: 38 and pouring on Saturday.....
Placing I the Challenge on Sunday night: 258/568 (moving slowly in the right direction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment