Sunday, October 4, 2020

Week 6 (?) of the BOS to BHB Challenge and other shit

OK so I vanished for a hot minute there. 

So, to try to recap. 

I ran Virtual Boston on September 12th, and because I wasn't an idiot I felt pretty good after a couple days. I did one or two little shuffles the following week just move around and discovered that NOTHING that I thought would be icky/sticky was, but other (minor) things were. 

On September 20th Eric and Ellie and I trail "ran" the Tripyramids- which was god damn awesome. I'm really busy at work, and don't have much help AND the sun sets at about 2 in the afternoon. SO, trail running happens out of necessity and it is pretty fun. We did NOT do the slides, but found plenty of vert none the less. We chose the Pind Bend trail to Sabbaday trail loop and it worked just fine for us. (plus, miles and miles of Sabbaday were VERY runnable. Plus the first 1.5 miles of Pine Bend)

View from the top


And then the shit just hit the fan for a bit. 
I had some major major major crap at work. My horse got super sick and had to spend 6 days in the Hospital..... 

OMG he's still so cute. Sad little IV and all....

Our County went "code yellow" for Covid, and so the school district changes the classroom schedule and chaos ensued. CHAOS. Oh, and my shin shit finally needed attention, and a week off.  (which seemed SO SO minor compared to the rest of the crap.)
I would tell you that I was literally like "2020 GO FUCK YOURSELF I AM DONE!!!" But in reality I was trying, stubbornly, to maintain nothing but positive feelings. It was exhausting. 

Hopefully we are on the other side of this particular set of issues. Being that it is 2020 I expect more to come. HAH. HAH. HAH. UGH. 

I'm carefully back to running this week and the leg shit feels better. 

My horse is all recovered from his peritonitis and looks super. 

School/Children/My schedule are just never going to settle into a routine this year, but I am doing my best to roll with the punches. 

And yeah. I'm stubbornly, and positively hoping to get caught back up on miles for my Boston to Bar Harbor Challenge. There is some rando who literally walks 6 different 6 mile walks PER DAY who is about to win. One side of my brain is impressed by this, but the other is like "wow. lots of spare time...) 
Whatever though. I have months left to finish and that is my "A" goal. My "B" goal is to finish in the first 50% of people to do so. We shall see, because it's a slow decline around here. 

So. 
Stats:
Miles driven while horse was in hospital to bring horse, visit once, bring horse home: 600. No lie. 
Miles run this past week: 17
Dollars spent on sucky sick sick horse: Not many thanks to bazillion dollar insurance plan. But I spend a bazillion dollars on THAT, so, by default, a BAZZILION dollars. 
Dollars spent on other things: None, because sick horse and pandemic
Place in Challenge last week: 239/564
Place in Challenge today: 241/565 (so, not a terrible decline even with LOW miles) 


No comments:

Post a Comment