Monday, August 31, 2020

Week one (plus 2 days): Boston to Bar Harbor 750 Mile Challenge

This particular challenge challenged my brain for a moment, as it began on a Friday. As we runners know, the week is Monday-Sunday NOT Friday-Thursday. I'm not going to ever complicate this. I'm going to report as always, as though the week ran as normal. 

I'm feeling a bit off track currently. We had a big hiking/camping weekend, and I was not shocked to feel some twinges in my shin (the other one from last year) upon completion. I decided to take a few days off to sort things out. 

After that.... We motored up Mt Jefferson for a *low key* 5 miler..... (done in like, 3:30)
And then I blasted around the Baldface Loop yesterday to smash all Queen of the Mountain records, and ran in in 2:36:01. 
I took a terrible, and bizarre fall but will save this story for the post it deserves. 

Because of all this shit- I'm low on mileage and kind of high on pain. (not painkillers....) 
One week until the window opens for *virtual boston completion* which seems like it's going to be a bit silly. Oh well!!

OK for now:
Miles run last week: 15.? 
Miles hiked: 5
Place in the Challenge on Sunday night: 140/418 (If I can actually get some miles in, that would be nice)
Hottest day: Not hot at the moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment