Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Week 9 B2B2B 624 MILLION K Challenge

I managed to get back on track pretty damn well this past week, despite some of the hottest weather of the year. It was positively stifling, and really just miserable!!! But.... one must make the best of such things. 

I managed to (I think....) crank out the highest mileage of the summer. We did a short, but fun hike, and I ended the week with a bit of self-inflicted illness that happens to me when I over indulge in beautiful summer tomatoes (which continued for a couple days, and was zero percent fun.)

Despite the DARK mornings I made it out for 3 early runs. Like, SO dark. As in: I run for an hour before dawn.

I'm miles and miles from home

I finally managed a double digit run. GOOO ME. 

Apparently I am going to "run" the virtual Boston Marathon some time between September 7-14 on whatever this "training" has been this summer. 
I have built an AWESOME fitness base. I'm honestly pleased about this. 
I am in NO way in shape to run a marathon. WHOOPS. DEATH. 

The top 9 places in the Challenge had been claimed as of Sunday evening, with 10th and 11th looking to make a strong early week finish. There were a few high mileage runners this past week. Basically I'm going to get 12th or 13th. The 11th place woman is 30 miles ahead of me (and, no shit, we met her while hiking last weekend. RANDOM.) And the 14th place person is about 25 miles behind me. 

So. Pretty much all wrapped up at this point (ish. I have about 33ish miles to go) But unless I literally quit moving I should be good to meet my top 15 goal. 

And yes. I do have a follow up challenge after this one. Stay tuned. 

Miles run: 35.6 YAY!!!
Miles Hiked: 7.6
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 12/43. And only in 12th by 0.1
Hottest day: 93 on Tuesday, after an 89 degree Monday, followed by a 90 degree Wednesday. DYING.  
Longest run: 10 I am SO FIT!!! (at 4:20 AM WOOF)

No comments:

Post a Comment