Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pandemic Running: Week 6

Even though it feels like Groundhog Day, Spring is clearly arriving. I even saw the first of the black flies today, which is less than stellar!

It's good to see nature continuing in a normal way. spring is a lovely season (even though we are supposed to get SNOW tonight!) and it has been a very productive week for me in the yard work department.
For about 10 year I have been meaning to clean up the woods in front of our home, and to remove quite a few fallen trees, and crappy looking sticks/brush/mess. (and it was quite a mess!) Bottom line-I have NOT had the time. It occurred to me that I simply might not have had the motivation- but I got to it last weekend, and have made huge progress. Evidently, I really just didn't have time!

In the running department I met my 33 (point 7) mile goal, and felt good about the (junk) miles that I completed. Definitely low key running, but miles are miles and they were pretty enjoyable this week. When I am not training, I do tend to go out and cruise around mindlessly (hence- my "junk mile" description.)

Thanks to my new weird virtual teaching job, I also fit in a couple (livestream) workouts- and if you ever want to see someone fall down while leading a workout- join in. OMG. I should stick to running because I tend to do my strength work on the depths of my basement, and NOT on the internet! The whole thing is very hysterical.

So last week was about as even keel as one could ask for during this time. The weather was pretty decent, I was productive at "work" and got some long neglected projects done. I managed to get through my to-do lists daily (AND we are still living on the groceries we bought almost 3 weeks ago- winning!)

This coming week looks pretty hideous in the weather department, and I feel that might take a toll on my motivation and focus (and secretly, I am disappointed in myself for being so fragile! but seriously, I can handle a crisis if the sun is out. if we are getting 6 inches of snow, losing power for days, then getting wholloped with multiple days of pouring rain..... that's just a shitty bummer!!!)

I'm in the process of writing myself this week's to-do list, and I plan to keep it on the easier side.

I hope to run a full 26.2 over the total week. A little cut back, but I really don't feel like dealing with the treadmill for more than a couple runs.

So, there you have it. No end in sight but I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Also, thanks for the comments. I can't seem to leave comments because blogger sucks, but I read and appreciate.

Stay healthy, stay safe, and may the odds be ever in our favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment