Thursday, April 9, 2020

Pandemic Running: Week 2 and 3

So, things here are weird. 

We are on a "stay at home" order, which will continue through May 1st, at least.

Eric and I have been staying home for about a month, so this doesn't really change much for us. 

Of course, lots has changed. 

My business has gone from 60-0. 

Avoiding human contact has become the norm. I had to go to the post office the other day, and almost bugged out because there were 2 people in there. 

I work adjacent to my parents home, and we maintain 6 foot space. (and it pisses me off to see people casually flitting from work, to home, to in-laws, to friends. THAT IS NOT ESSENTIAL.) 

I see people in movies, and worry because there are so many of them. 

I have dreams that all my clients show up at once, and I panic, not knowing what to do. 

Out of all the "worst case" scenarios I have imagined, this was not one of them. 

The good news? My family is still healthy. That is all that matters. 

I have started a Patreon to teach "virtual riding lessons" which is making me step far, far out of my comfort zone. I figure, using creativity and sharing my knowledge is something I can do right now. It certainly beats sitting around, sad, being useless!!!

(BTW, here's the link) Patreon.com/thewec

2 weeks ago I ran about 38 miles, and it was great. 

Last week, I ran 17 miles, and that was the correct number. 

Running is only available to me as a stress reliever at the moment. So, I use it when I want to. 

I hope everyone is well, and safe. 
May the odds be ever in our favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment