Monday, April 13, 2020

Pandemic Running: Week 4

How is it already week 4 of zombie apocalypse training??

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is having a hard time keeping track of what day it is. Not to mention, time seems to be going both in warp speed, and super slow. 

If you asked me when the last time was that I ventured into public, I would confidently say 14 months OR 6 days. Very confusing!!

This particular week should be taking me straight into my 8th Boston Marathon. The weather has been about right for it, fluctuating madly between 55 degrees, 8 inches of snow, 55 degrees, then a huge wind storm with a deluge (pretty sure Mother Nature thought that day was marathon day!!)

Typical


So, yeah. Hanging in there. 

It has been a vastly superior Spring to last year, when we were still buried under massive amounts of snow. We really haven't had ground covering snow in a couple weeks, and the ice went out on the ponds and lakes last week. It's rare. There are also more birds, and robins in particular, then I have ever seen. It's just a bit odd, no real reason for it. We have had early springs before, but the bird activity is something outside the ordinary. 

Despite my good intentions, last weeks mileage was low. About 21 miles. I was working hard creating content for my new channel, and that took up a good bit of my time. 
I did, however, manage to get in a FEW strength workouts which is RARE! 
I'm including workouts in my video series, and when you are suddenly a fitness influencer (HAHAHA) you have to make videos which require about a million takes. SO, lots of extra reps for me. 

Anyway. Here we are. I ran today, on the treadmill as it was pouring. This got the week off to a good start, and I'd love to finish up with close to 30 miles. 

Anyway. Stay safe, stay healthy, and may the odds be ever in our favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment