Monday, June 22, 2020

Week 1: B2B2B 624K Challenge

Damnit, week one over and I'm already behind on mileage!!!

In order to complete this challenge by September 15th, one must run 29.5 weekly miles minimum. I managed 24 miles last week, and since we all know what numbers are, we know that was not enough!

WHY???
Well, reasons.

The biggest reason was that it was over 90 for 3 days, and I put 900 bales of hay in the loft (sneak attack hay- like a month early!!) We also had plans for a 11-13 mile Sunday hike and had to ditch our Funday plans because I had some work issues to deal with.

Anyway.... It's a new week, it's a fucking NEW DAY and I'll catch up a bit. I actually hope to get some bonus miles in the bank pretty soon, because the last week in July, and the first week in august are presenting some scheduling nightmares.

Hey, I got my new watch! A Garmin Forerunner 245 and not only is it so cute, but it seems to record mileage! I am excited to take it on my forest route, hopefully on a cloudy day to really test its legs.
Also, since Garmin pics are basically what everyone does I need to remember to take some.
In the meantime, here is a pic of this tomato that I'm growing. A blog without photos is depressing.

I possess gardening skills
So one word about the B2B2B challenge.
There are some really motivated runners doing this.
And how do I know?
They have a LEADERBOARD!!! This is wonderful, because shame is my best motivator. When I noticed that I was sitting solidly in 30/38 place at the end of the week yesterday, I knew I would have to make a move. (and here's the thing. the leaders are already well established. no catching them! but I hope not to finish in the bottom 1/3...)

This makes Pandemic running pretty fun. Really, the leaderboard is clutch. Without that I would just squeak by and end up in 30/38th place NBD.

Anyway:

Miles run: 24
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 30/38
Hottest day: 94
Longest run: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment