Monday, June 8, 2020

Pandemic week 12

Another week of pandemic running is behind us, and even though the pandemic continues to rage right along, some things are beginning to return to "normal" (will that ever be a thing again?)

My business has opened back up and we are seeing good things in that department. I did lose a major summer account- one I have had for 22 years. This is honestly one of those curse/blessing situations. The curse, of course, is income loss. The blessing.... It would have been hard to manage the riders for this program (all very young, no way to keep safe space, coming from areas where there is a much higher infection rate.) I was pretty concerned about keeping my staff safe, and I no longer have that concern. Aside from that client, all systems are go. 

On the running front, as I mentioned last week, the remote possibility of a September Boston Marathon is no longer. Again, blessing/curse. Any  disappointment I may have experienced was short lived. I simply can not imagine the impossibilities of orchestrating such a huge event during this time. Plus, we are getting a refund, we can use our existing qualifying times to try again for next year, and they have a completely optional virtual race. I felt really good about all these options. 

So for now, running along. I managed around 21 miles last week, and a 10 mile hike. 


Wow
Starting next week Eric and I signed up for a challenge "virtual" race. Basically this event will ask us to run the mileage from Baxter Brewery (in lewiston) to Baxter State Park (in Millenockett) and BACK AGAIN. This will actually require some effort, hence the word "challenge". This should be fun! We have from June 15-September 15 to complete, and it's a good thing we have that much time. Recreationally, I'm really not a high mileage runner. Apparently, I'm lazy. But I really do want to finish this thing- so the summer blogs are going to be a weekly countdown to the end, and the subsequent medal and free beer :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment