Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Pandemic Running week 13

Last week was the final week before Eric and I begin the Baxter to Baxter to Baxter Challenge.

The good news is that it was a pretty decent week of running. I ran the same 6.5 mile route for every run, and (amusingly!) my aged watch measured it drastically differently every time. On the final day, it gifted me an entire extra MILE and showed me running through an extra mile of dense forest, a swamp, over the stream, and then (aggressively!) through the properties of several people, before returning to my actual route. YIKES!!! I must admit that the entertainment that this provided gave me all the entertainment that I needed to enjoy my week of running. Despite what my watch led us to believe, I finished up with a 26 mile week.
(and in other fun news, Eric has a SWEET Garmin connection, and has acquired a much newer watch for me which will arrive soon. So fun!!)

We also fit in an aggressive 8.5 mile hike up Mount Adams. This was Ellie's first time in the Northern Presidentials, and she did a great job in the boulder field. We are fortunate to have these mountains so close by, and we can easily spend time in the outdoors without having to stop for any reason (although from what I'm hearing, the business in the area would actually appreciate some safe/respectful customers....)

A SOLID day on Adams

On to this week and the B2B2B challenge. This is going to be great fun, and slightly crazy. We are "counting" both running and hiking miles. The only way I will count walking mileage is if I end up injured (and I had better not!)


In a perfect world, I will finish the weekly "required" mileage all as runs, and use hiking as "extra." But let's be real. I can't remember the last time that I managed to run 3 summer months of (almost) 30 mile weeks without some sort of chaos interrupting me.

I'm pretty excited about this!
Anddddd if we are going to be honest, the weather we are about to have makes me *kinda* happy that I don't have a long run this weekend. Or speedwork. UGH f**k summer marathon training!!

So! Next week will be my first recap of B2B2B and I am looking forward to it!

Mileage: 26
Hiking: 8.5
Hottest day: Not very....

No comments:

Post a Comment