Monday, May 25, 2020

Week 1 of theoretical Boston training 2.0/Pandemic running week 10

Last week was basically exactly what I expected.

It got hot, summer arrived!
(and will be MUCH worse this week.....)

Seriously

Running was fine this week. I had to cram quite a few days in a row to free up days when I was busy. I did end up feeling a tiny bit overcooked, but nothing major at all. I basically just ran. No real hills. No real workouts. Junk miles? Perhaps.

We took another tiny, local hike on Sunday to enjoy the beautiful weather. It really is nice living somewhere when a short drive brings you to a lovely place.

This is fine
I have been moving towards reopening my business, and (to be entirely honest) it has been a little stressful. Of course, I am very happy to be returning to work after a LENGTHY hiatus (I have referred to my current situation as "volunteering" at the stable, as I can still manage to put in a 50 hour week for free.....) It's just the details and the concerns making things complex. I have a lot of responsibility to my clients and staff, and have never been in a situation like this before. My strategy is to take things slow, and cautiously (and maintain insane levels of sanitation) and plan on things being fine. (like.... next year....)

So, what's on the books for this week other than it being hot AF.
I am hoping to chug out about 30 miles again. I have some misgivings about the 90 degree days, but hope to be able to work around them. I should have gone for a run today, but I allowed a work situation to get in the way. (I mean... volunteer situation.... let's be real. nobody paying me for this extra time hahah!) (and I just looked at this forecast again and thing I might just run 3 miles instead of 30.)

So week one of imaginary training:
Miles: 31
Long run: Not long . Like 6.8
Hottest day: 77 at run time on Thursday (which was after 6PM)


2 comments:

  1. Summer running is here, too. We had a nice, long spring, but it was suddenly replaced by highs in the 90s and lows in the upper 70s to 80s. No time to acclimate at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope others are being as careful when reopening as you are. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete