Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pandemic Running Week 8

I'm pleased to say that after a week of easy peasey running that my hamstring has settled right down. I have felt no twinges at all in the past few days, which is reassuring! 

Weird week though. After last weekend when we saw temps hit 70, we managed to get an actual snow storm this week, plus a couple of really chilly days. Gross! I'm not sure if I can actually remember real snow this late, but there are no rules at the moment. Pandemic. Murder Hornets. People just doing whatever TF they want. Snow. The usual!

Hello
"Things" are slowly reopening over the next couple weeks. (some things anyway.) I suppose that the time of social isolation did help to slow the virus, and to keep from overwhelming the health care system. Unless we wish for complete economic collapse, things are going to have to begin to move in the direction of "normal." That being said.... It's hardly going to be normal. 
My business will carefully embark on a multi-phase reopening process beginning on the 18th. I am fortunate not to have a "high risk" job, and while I am thankful to be allowed to reopen my feeling of responsibility to my family, and staff, make me feel like I am handling a ticking time bomb. I plan to use all precautions, and can only hope that is enough. 

On the running front. Technically 8 days until Boston 2.0 training begins. Weird, to begin training again for a race that will most likely not happen. Either way though, I'm a good bit more fit than when I began training for Boston 1.0, and why not, right? Just going to train along and try to have a good time doing it. 

For next week I think it is reasonable to get back to get back to the mid 20's. I'll say that my goal is between 25-30 miles (but probably closer to 25.... lazyyyy.) No need to go too hard this far out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment