Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pandemic running week 9

Winter is over. The 10 day forecast has 3 days well into the 80's!!
There is no doubt about it, while I may be in better running shape at the moment than I have been at this point during the past couple years, the heat is going to slow me down.

Hello Summer

Last week went exactly as planned, logging 25 miles. My leg feels good, and I feel pretty fit (although it could have been the chilly, windy days talking....)
The snow from the previous week melted immediately and spring arrived. Yay! So did the bugs. BOO.

Spring
Eric and Ellie and I went on a tiny local hike over the weekend. The whole pandemic mess has completely disrupted our big hiking plans, but we are lucky to have local trails that have zero people on them. We plan to make the best of it!

Decent view for a tiny hill 

Evidently this week is the beginning of *theoretical training for Boston 2.0*

I plan to run 30 miles this week.

After that...

I'm just going to put in the work until the race gets cancelled for good, and then I am going to keep running.
I think I learned something important last year. Apparently, at 40, it takes a lot longer to get back into shape after a break than it does at 35. UGH OLD AGE!!!! Kidding though, I imagine in 10 years I will wish for the *fitness, speed, and excellent skin* that I have a 40 (because DAYUM, I sure look back 8/10 years ago and wonder WHAT the devil I was complaining about!!)

Here is what will be easy about Theoretical Boston 2.0 Training:
-I want to keep running.
-I am reasonably fit so it won't be, like, totally awful. Maybe?
-I do feel motivation not to fall off the running wagon. Because, as discussed, OLD.
-Not much else to do at the moment
-HEALTH....??? So much health plus many fitness goals. Pshhhh.

What will be hard:
-Well. Running.
-The fact that I don't believe I'm really race training. So, I'm going to have to trick myself into doing shit bag things like speed work and 18 mile long runs when it is 85, humid, and thunder.....
-Heat and humidity and all the dry heaving that causes.
-Possibly one million pandemic related things that I don't know exist.

BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE LIVING THIS????

I mean, seriously.

Anyway. I am healthy, my family is healthy, my business is about to reopen (although my summer side hustle is in serious jeopardy...) So... so far so good? ISH?

So next week. I will give a glorious report on how my majestic marathon training is going. Eric keeps saying we are going to run a beer mile, so maybe that will spice things up a bit (plus, more barf related posts, I imagine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment