Thursday, March 7, 2019

Boston Marathon Training 2019: Week 9? I think?

The good thing about Hyannis becoming an unexpected half, is that I was able to get right back into training. (making lemonade here, right?)

I didn't want to crack out a 45 mile week, after having a couple really easy ones, but I headed in the right direction.

(and this is going to be a quick, shitty recap. I have 1.2 million things on my plate but still want to document the progression.)

I got back on the road on Tuesday, after tanking a couple days to get my head right. I know Hyannis was not a physical breakdown (although I could send to gain some fitness.) But I definitely thought over my mental strength training strategy, and know what I want to work on for the next 6 weeks. I'm certainly not going to let another cold, rainy day derail me! (it's another story if it's 90 though, haha.)

I went for an 0.2 second run on Tuesday to let Mrs Ellington stretch her gorgeous legs.
(Don't call PETA people. We ran like, 6 feet....)

She is perfect
Wednesday was treadmill 1200's because it was 12 degrees out with 40 MPH wind. Not gonna run outside, in the dark, and the freezing, and the hurricane. THANKS.
The repeats were good. And done at 7:36 as always....

Thursday was a quick 4 before puppy class, where Ellie discovered that she was scared of other puppies (?) and sent most of the time hiding under a chair. (Eric took her out and about to a puppy party on Saturday to work on this timidness!)

Friday, I ran over bitch hill. When I need to get some mental (and glute) strength, this is a good route. And dark. And snowy.

Hello snowbank
Saturday, I ran 15-ish in decent (33 degree) weather. Probably the warmest day of the week.
It was a fine run. I Picked a route that would not allow me to stop to resupply, and I think removing this convenience will be good for my toughness. Even though is is usually a 90 second stop, I may choose to eliminate it for the rest of the season since it makes my life "easy" (and I clearly must work on womaning up!)

The usual people 
Oh, and one more thing?
This winter has been just a mess. People keep saying "it's been so easy, we have no snow!!"
And I'm like, homey, you live in Portland. Maybe you have no snow, but WE have a metric fuck ton. Plus, February was super cold. And March came in like a lion.
Luckily, I have decided that no cold, or snow, or rain, or sleet will mess up my day. (racing, that is. I must continue to claim my right as a Mainer to complain daily about the conditions!)
No promises once Fool's summer hits though ;-) I will complain and hate it.

No danger of that this week, though.

SO MUCH

Stats:
Mileage: 34.7
Long run: 15.4
Beer at pub: The typical triple/double 
Coldest day: UGH SO COLD. A couple mornings at -6 degrees. A couple days with a high of 14, plus awful wind. 
Snow days: Oh lord. None from school. Pretty sure we got a little stupid mess at some point? Stupid. It's bad that I can't recall but there's too much in my head!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Well, it hit like 36 here, so we all almost froze to death.

    ReplyDelete