Monday, April 9, 2018

Boston training week 127: the one with one week to go

GUESS WHAT!

It is time for the annual event, when we all say together:

EVERY YEAR!!!!!

I never won't post a Game OVER gif before Boston. It is what I do.

Basically, my job here is done. Game fucking over. Mic dropped, blog post over.

But actually, we will have a quick recap of last week's training.

Taper week! I love taper. I really do, I am not lying.

I did a couple downhill repeats on Tuesday in the most bogus weather. 33 degrees, windy AF and pelting down this sloppy, soaking wet snow. It was less than ideal, if we are going to be completely honest about things.

Yeah. Look at that snow...

Thursday was my last speed work, 4x1 mile repeats. I ran these solo, which happened to be the first time in this training cycle that I did unsupported speed work. Up until now, I have either been on the treadmill, or had Eric's help, with his amazing metronome like internal speedometer. Needless to say, I was a little uneasy about my ability to crank out 4 repeats at "close to" 7:20 pace with any kind of consistency. I was successful though, and managed all 4 in just under that time. It was a very cold evening- like 36 degrees and raw af. My feet were frozen from being at work and did not warm up until I was all done running and cooling down.... It was most unpleasant running on little ice block feet.

It snowed on Friday. Nothing horrific but a solid 3" in about an hour. So, fast and furious.

Stop now
The stupid fresh snow did make for a pretty start to Saturday. Luckily, it melted for my 3PM final *long* run to the pub.

Not ugly. But too snowy, 
I ran a solo 11 miles, at an 8:20 pace to wrap things up for this training cycle. It was a very good run, on the chilly side, with a pretty serious head wind.
Overall, it was a very solid way to end this long season of running.
(and I keep having these lonely, solo workouts because Eric has been sick for a legit month. He is now suffering from a festering and miserable sinus infection.... No good. He did drive to Bear Bones with Lee, and drank water and sadly played chess.)

PUB RUN COMPLETE
I'm certainly looking forward to next Monday. I feel about as prepared as one could wish to be, and with no pressure surrounding any time goal, I feel very relaxed.

The weather also looks good (for me, and only me. Sorry....)
Fools summer is rolling in on Friday and Saturday (with temps into the 70's, FUCK NO!!!) But, as of now, the heat wave will be getting the hell out just in time.

I am feeling JUST FINE about this!!!!

Monday is forecast to be mid 50's and raining.
Yes it is.
YES. IT. IS!!!!!!

(my apologies)

Let the games begin!

Miles Run: 25.2 (slightly lower than normal, it will make no difference)

Elevation this week: 1,005

Lowest low temp: Cold. It was 21 on Thursday morning. Lots of cold days with temps in the 30's

Highest temp: Cold. It was not a nice week. I think it was 46 for one random second. 

Total snowfall: 3" and a few snow showers here and there

Coldest day that I ran outdoors: 34 but dripping wet snow and wind and gross

Random fact: I much prefer marathoning in shit weather than sunny and 70. 


Signature

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we ran through a friggin monsoon at Hyannis so what's a little rain for Boston?! Hoping you get a kickass tailwind and fly the entire way in! - Kim K.

    ReplyDelete