Saturday, February 2, 2013

January recap plus my second run in with THE LAW!

January was a pretty awesome month in the running department! 
I'm pretty geeked out to see my mileage climbing but I'm more excited that I have happy legs! 
Here is how it played out..

Miles run: 171, highest mileage since June- but BEST mileage EVER!
Number of spin classes missed due to weather, or just not having a class to go to- 3 (sad face)
Number of races run- 1
Number of PR's set for NO PR 2013- 1, oops!
Number of times that running made me vom on my shoes- 1
Number of shoes used in 2013- Despite the vom I'm still on pair #1
Number of Ipods purchased in 2013- 1 (I killed 2 last year...)



171 is an excellent number of miles and I feel great!!!So, do I feel like my foray into being a coached middle of the pack athlete is paying off? HELLS YES. For the first time ever I fell terrific in the middle of a marathon training cycle (I'm tired- but that is normal!) I am not second guessing anything because I know my training is solid. We build our houses out of bricks, not sticks around here people... No, every run has not been a perfect 10 but they can't be... The miles are going by easier though and the proof is right there: I PR'd last weekend with a lot of extra challenges. I would never try to be a competitive equestrian without an amazing coach (nobody should..) and I doubt that I'll ever want to go it alone with my running either. There are experts out there- skip a couple of dinners out and pay them to make you awesome. 

I mentioned the other day that the avoidance of the speeding ticket on the way to Derry was #1 in my multiple encounters with THE LAW.  #2 was on the way home from a very adult errand running trip with my sister (sometimes you just need a new bike trainer and Trader Joes...)  I don't like making fun of old people because it happens.. But gosh! I do hope that when my driving skills start to slip that my future imaginary children will take my keys for the good of humanity. (and yes, I agree that young people, middleaged people, ANY people can and do have accidents. Don't be hatin' on me!)

A quality FB post.And finally, I leave you with this question... Yeah, yeah... I know I do! #not

How do I...? Hmmmm, I forget....
20 miles tomorrow starting around 8 AM. Wish me luck and a happy belly! (and legs...)

4 comments:

  1. Middle of the pack my butt! Boston Qualifier != middle of the pack! Neither does placing overall in races or winning your age group (several times in big races!) You are fast bratface! Deal with it! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month of running!! Enjoy the 20 miles on legs that are happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Gosling is just kidding around with you. It is me that he truly loves.

    ReplyDelete