Sunday, July 26, 2020

Week 6: B2B2B 624K Challenge

This past week wasn't delightful in the running department, but I still managed to get it done. 

There were definitely a few REALLY hot and humid days.
While they might have been pretty to look at, it was quite unpleasant to exist in that weather. 




Despite the grossness, I still got in 30+ miles. SO: goal accomplished. Out of all the runs I did, only one way any good. Maybe 2? More like 1.5, let's be honest. 

I had reached my limit of 4:30AM wake up calls on Wednesday, and rebelliously slept in until 5:45 the following day. That meant getting in some after work miles, which wasn't terribly fun (but definitely beat getting up early that day!!) That seemed to sufficiently recharge my batteries, and I felt much better after that. 

We wrapped up the week with a 21+ mile hike to the elusive Owl's Head. A bit of a notorious mountain, because it's basically the longest hike you can imagine for a 4025 foot hill. We took advantage of some perfect conditions, and got it done. 



As expected, the first place woman in the challenge did indeed claim the crown early in the week. The second place finisher certainly could wrap things up tomorrow. 
Currently, I am sitting in 8th, but I have my doubts about whether or not that is real. With Garmin down I believe a few people are behind on loading data (you don't need to "prove" what you are doing, but I think most of us are relying on data of some sort.... and perhaps waiting to sync?) I gave up waiting and plugged my watch into the computer to get my miles loaded for complete transparency. 

Another week in the books. 
A hot, humid and busy upcoming week may preset some challenges. We shall see. 

Miles run: 32.2
Miles Hiked: 21
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 8/43
Hottest day: A brutal 95 degree Monday
Longest run: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment