Monday, July 20, 2020

Week 5: B2B2B 624,000K Challenge

Holy. Crap.

Can I even remember last week??

Week 5 of the B2B2B was a crazy one, but I managed to get in my personal goal of 30 miles (or maybe slightly more?) All runs were done at ass o'clock, with a couple little bonus sessions with the puppy in the evening (I really wanted a day off, haha)

Two of the mornings were almost cool- a nice change!! Lots of slugs, dead frogs, and animal poop on the road in the early morning. Also, an outrageous number of deer flies. HORRIBLE.

There was a particularly nice sunrise, before a day of enormous thunderstorms.

The calm before the storm
The weekend weather was not conducive for running, hiking, living. Also, I had a horse to look after who had been subjected to major oral surgery on Friday. Hence, Eric and I sat out the weekend and missed out on bonus miles.

I feel good (maybe not while actually running) but I feel very accomplished and pleased that I have met my personal goal for this event every week since week one. I'm sure I'm also building a terrific fitness base (for something? or just for fitness!)

Miles run: 31.6
Miles Hiked: ZERO BOOOO
B2B2B standing on Sunday night: 13/43. Holding steady. The first place woman in going to win officially, tomorrow. 
Hottest day: HOT AF like, 90's both Saturday and Sunday. UGH
Longest run: 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment