Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Boston Training 2020: Week 11: The time when I ran, possibly not well

The good news: Last week I was finally recovering from the death cold. 

On Monday I ran some serious bitch hills. Compared to the previous day, I was feeling a lot better and no longer felt like a bubble head. (My ears were still blocked though, and are actually STILL blocked. Absurd.)

The hill BEFORE bitch hill 
I shuffled around for some easy, late, after work treadmill miles on Tuesday. Boring, and my legs were pretty junky. (not sore, just made from concrete)

Wednesday was my official return to speedwork day, and also marked the first outdoor speed day of 2020. Kind of a big deal! 
I ran 6x1200 in the mid to teen 7's. I was quite happy with this, as I missed my last TWO speed sessions because of poor health. 

Post speedwork tired face
Thursday was another dead legs on the treadmill day. It was pouring buckets of rain, and we also got about 2 inches of slop, so it was GROSS out. 

I took two days off (off running, anyways) so that I could spend some time with my sister. 
We enjoyed a really fantastic lady date which included brunch, shopping for gorgeous handbags that are basically *investment* pieces (read: expensive...) going to soakology, and then having dinner (where I promptly had a colossal anxiety attack- cute! fun! #mylife)

Anywhoo. Fast forward to Sunday. It was windy AF, and chilly (about 24) but the roads were dry, and I was finally reasonably healthy, soon I went. 
After two days off, my legs had forgotten how to run. Luckily, after a few miles the feeling of junk leg began to ease up, and the run was decent, if not spectacular. The cold temps made breathing pretty sucky for the final few, but that's to be expected. 

I met my peeps at the pub (NOT "THE pub" because it closed.... but *another* pub.) We had fries and beer and laughed about the misfortune of having a terrible name (my sister and I have a list of terrible names that we always laugh about. inside joke maybe? who knows)

Pub run!!
Anyway. Clearly a better week than the past couple. The hill workout and the speed workout felt pretty decent. Everything else was mediocre. But, I finished a solid week and that is a win. 

Total miles: 46.7
Long run: 16.3
Coldest Day: It was about 6 on Sunday morning. And in the low 20's over the weekend 
Snow? Yeah, like 2 inches of slop plus an inch of rain on Thursday. Mess. No school 
Random: Kate and I would not name our children Keith, Kyle, Dwayne, or Quentin. No offense to people with those names, we are sure you are truly lovely. But maybe not our first choices. Or Todd. No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment