Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Boston Training 2020: Week 10: The time when I was STILL SICK

So, yes. I was too sick to run until Thursday. 

I just can't see the sense in even trying when one is basically barely hanging on enough to finish a work day. Nobody gets hero points for running when deathly ill. 

By the time Thursday rolled around I was no longer coughing in the night, so I decided to get back to it with some easy treadmill miles. I stuck with that on Friday, and then ventured out for a few outdoor miles on Saturday. Weirdly, after that short (5 mile!) run, my legs felt as though they had run a half marathon. Very weird. 

Unfortunately, the general malaise stuck around through Sunday. The weather was just incredible on Sunday- sun, mid 40's, just perfect! I headed out to attempt 15 and called it a day at 11. 
My head was so congested that I felt like I was in a bubble. My ears were totally blocked, and it made me feel kind of dizzy and out to lunch. I couldn't think of what good could come from running any farther when things felt so gross, so I did not. 

Kind of a drag of a week. No speed work, no hills, no long run. GROSS!!!!!

I did enjoy the nice Sunday though.... 



My sister is visiting this coming week, and my original plan was to have a light week, and a super short long run. NOT going to happen, after the last two half-price-crap-mileage weeks. If I don't want to scrap this training cycle entirely, I am going to have to pack in some mileage regardless. I plan to front load the week, and hit a decent long on Sunday. Fingers crossed that my body cooperates...

Anyway, on to week 11. 

Total miles: 25.4
Long run: Well... 11.3
Coldest Day: A couple cold mornings, close to 0. It was gross and 18 on Tuesday, and raw and snowy and I was sick and hated it so much. 
Snow? Yes, 6" Tuesday 
Random: The worst fillings for an omelette would be:
Lettuce
Spaghetti (like a big, thick layer of plain spaghetti. BARF)
Beets
Pickled herring with onions 

No comments:

Post a Comment