Thursday, February 6, 2020

Boston training 2020: Week 7: The time that the thaw continued

Seriously, the January thaw went on and on.
(also, this blog is really late. Really really. I have been SO busy.)

And we got zero snow over the weekend

On Monday it was 40 degrees and I ran up bitch hill. It was a hard run. That's all. 

Wednesday was 5x1200 on the treadmill at a mid 7 pace.  It felt hard too. 

On Thursday I headed out for 7 miles, at what I decided was going to be a "sustainable but working" pace. It's always nice to know what that pace actually is at different points in training. 
Well. Currently that pace is 8:46. Part of me is like, HEY, that's better than a month ago. And part of me is like HEY, BLEH. Pretty standard set of emotions. 

Saturday was long run day, and I was looking forward to having a better run this week. The weather was solid, the roads were bone dry, and I was ready to go. 
And it sucked. The end. 

In my defense, I did have something of an accident on Saturday afternoon. I had a very unpleasant horse encounter (and while I certainly was not grievously injured, I was a bit wounded.) This might have contributed to my terrible feelings of terribleness, but who really knows. At mile 3, I figured I might have to bail. It was one of those awful days. At one point I saw a cop, and hoped he would arrest me and put me in jail so I could stop running. But he did not.....
To add insult to injury, I managed to accidentally pause my watch for a few minutes and lose almost a half mile of my run. Just so irritating!!! 

On Sunday I had planned to do 5 recovery but (due to the horse incident) I felt as though I had been in a minor car accident, or hit by a small bus. I decided to run nothing. In the end, I split the difference and ran a couple. I actually felt better at the end, and since my legs/back were completely uninjured, I knew I wasn't causing any more damage. 

So all in all, kind of a shit bag week. It happens. 

In good news, the World's BEST Chiro moved just two towns away! (making it a 27 minute drive instead of a 70 minute drive!!) And yes, I have had an appointment, and have more planned. This is such good news!!)

Stats:
Total miles: 40.9 (annoying.)
Long run: 17.1, closer to 17.5 IRL
Coldest Day: It never was cold
Snow? NO!
Random: I hate the feeling of needing new shoes. And yes, I need new shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment