Saturday, July 2, 2011

Look Who is BACK!

I am completely shocked that everyone has not unfriended me. Thanks kids, you are really the best!

So. What has been going on in my world of chaos? Well. In short, chaos!
This is the time of year when I work 14 hour days 6 days a week. When I run around so damn much all day that the only thing I can run to when the day is done is dinner and a big fricking beer. (oh sure, get up earlier! not me, not NEVAH. I get up at 4:45 as it is and it makes me want to poke out my eyes with a red hot poker.)

Ahem.

Despite all this insanity, my renewed dislike of the sweat slick that runs down my bod in the 80+ degree heat (and not just while trying to run, mind you...) and the fact that my weekly mileage total is about -47 I am hitting the road on Monday for the infamous and ever hilly 4 on the 4th. the cool thing about this is that two of my teenage riding students are jumping on board for the helluva fun good time that we are clearly going to have. Oh yes. So FUN! SO FUN!

But really. I look forward to this and am ever so tickled that I have opened their eyes to more than foul language, bitter sarcasm and beer drinking. (I kid. Really, around the little ones I am as wholesome as Ma Ingalls on the prairie. For serious...)

I look forward to posting pictures of the three of us showboating like fools because that is how we roll. I look forward to knowing that the race will be OVER after 4 miles that I will not have 9 more to go. And I look forward to having the 4th of July OFF!!!

By the way. I fully dominated the horse show circuit this Spring if y'all were wondering. Tons of fun, and I'm pretty pumped for the fall season of Finals and what not. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome to hear from you again!!! Great to hear about the horse show circuit :) my 9-year old loves to ride.

    Have fun with that hilly four on the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I'm not the only 40-something who's teaching other people's kids to swear and educate them on the wonders of beer. Phew.

    Have fun on the 4th! And relax, for Pete's sake.

    ReplyDelete