Monday, June 7, 2021

Chugging along

While neither my mileage or speed were impressive in the least last week, the good news was I did get out to run 5 times! MIRACLE.

The weather was unseasonably cold at the beginning of the week (legit yuck- low 50's, drizzle, wind) and then ABSURDLY hot for the weekend (WTF??? 92! Humid! Pollen! GROSS.)
Honestly, I'll take the cold and damp over the blistering heat. It's a bit much. 

Look closely for falling pollen.....

No hiking which was a bummer, it's been a little dry spell here after such a strong winter and Spring season. I'm dealing with a real lack of qualified help at work right now which makes everything a greater challenge. I am hoping that once my newest person is more trained things will even out a bit (and not to be harsh, but they have been in my barn now for some months. I'm questioning if the job is the right fit for them, but time will tell.....)

I'm hoping to get in 4 runs this week and a decent size hike. Fingers CROSSED (I'm not sure at all why I think this is going to happen since I am the lone person working this weekend. #dreams)

Oh, I ended up finishing 7th in the last challenge that I was working on. Not the 1st place that I held onto for a while, but not terrible considering that my running took a sharp nosedive in May. 
I did sign up for a couple more to take me through the summer. It seems people aren't really on the bandwagon anymore (understandably) so this will be the final one for me. (I'm actually doing 2 at the same time because I had a discount code...) 

Anyway. Summer is here, if only in the weather. Hope it cools down!

Miles run: 19.3! I'm actually really pleased with this! 
Hottest day: 92 WTF
Coldest Day: Gross and 50
Hikes? None this week.... 
Longest run: 5
Placement in challenges:
750 miler- 18/33
400 miler- 3/7

No comments:

Post a Comment