Tuesday, May 18, 2021

SO BUSY! REUNITED WITH EVAN! TRAIL RACE STUPIDITY!

Phew, ok so I am a little behind! 

What the heck has been happening. Who knows. 
Well, I have been SUPER busy at work (good. really. but balance, not good!)

Running has been sporadic (bad)
Hiking has been awesome (good!)

I signed up for a 25 mile trail race a few minutes ago, which filled me with the kind of newbie excitement that I have not experienced in years. I have been hunting for this *spark* lately, and may have just found it. I'm pretty excited, and am ready to begin some goal oriented training (this will be in conjunction with Boston training, and I think that this new interest will help shove me in the road running fitness direction. Maybe? Who knows.) For a while I knew I wanted to be a marathoner when I grew up. Now I think I might want to be a trail runner when I grow up. Or a trail walker, because I fall a lot. OR maybe I want to be a beer tester and a pizza eater, yummmmmm. 

It is summer. 

I am still 7th in the challenge, and it is almost time for a new one. 

FINALLY EVAN CAME TO VISIT BECAUSE WE ARE ALL VACCINATED!!!!!
So we climbed South Moat. 
SO SO SO GLAD to see that kid. 

REUNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, back to work. JESUS!!!!!

(I promise a better post next week. I literally have smoke coming out my ears at the moment, haha why isn't it friday???)

Stats:  
Miles run: UGH
Hike: Umm, Shelburne Moriah (11) South Moat (5+) Chocorua (7.5) 
Warmest day: Oooof 79 yesterday 
Coldest day: Last week we had a day when it was 49.Gross. 
Snow: Can probably remove this one 
Bugs: BLACK FLIES AND MOSQUITOS AND ONE DEER FLY AND TICKS
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 7th with is a miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment