Monday, January 13, 2020

Boston Training 2020: Week 4. The time that running became slightly better

As the title implies, it was a better week on the training front. I feel like I was noticing the (slight) fitness benefits of a few consistent weeks, which was pleasant and helpful.
Strava sent me some helpful stats from last year. I should have tried to estimate the bike mileage I put in prior to MCM, because it would have brought those numbers up a bit.



Another pretty straightforward week. A couple treadmill runs, including 12x400 at 7:30's. Not super fast for 400's but it never makes a huge difference. The thing about speedwork is it all helps in the end- and while it's nice to be hitting wicked fast paces, it's better to just do SOMETHING then avoid it, in terror, over the wicked fast paces.
(quality training advice)

I had a decent enough, VERY warm (over 50) 12-ish miler over the weekend with no ill effects. While I am really not concerned about my summer leg condition returning (since we rarely hike in the winter) it is still good to feel no pain.

There was a full moon. Which meant the dog wanted to wake up in the night and look at it!!


I was contemplating my summer leg/lameness issues the other day. The number of time I rolled my damn ankle last summer was just insane. I ended up with so many issues because of that, and I was congratulating myself on clearly being stronger/more coordinated now.
SADLY, that is not it. All winter long, I wear boots. (I work outdoors) and my boots keep me from constantly straining my ankle. Actually, I can imagine that my ankles are mostly likely at an all time high level of weakness, due to being constantly supported by my boots. So yeah, I'm probably one shitty step away from being a hobbley jackwaggon again!

It would be nice to be able to make time for some strength work and stretching. Ya know, bolster up the weak little stems.
DREAMS, ALL DREAMS. It probably won't happen!

Anyway. Week 4 in the books. With the past two winters containing a February marathon, one part of me feels very behind schedule! However, I know I'm on the right track.


Stats:
Total miles: 33.5
Long run: 12.3
Coldest Day: 20, and it felt damn cold 
Snow: About an inch of rain..... 
Random: In addition to running, my hobbies are hiking (which you all know about) reading (which I love) and puzzles (because I like hobbies that most people find dull) Oh, and drinking beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment