Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Training for Marine Corps Marathon: Week 10. Oh shit

OK. So time is moving terribly fast.
While my off time was completely required, I am feeling a bit behind in the marathon training department. We shall see if I can whip myself into shape in the time remaining.

So the good news: my calf/shin is certainly better. Not 100%. But close enough, and doesn't seem to be responding negatively to work.

I had a couple basic runs Tuesday and Wednesday to get back into the swing of things. I did unintentional speed work on Wednesday, in an attempt to out run some rain.

Thursday was 11 mile long run day and it was fine. A short "long" run, but it went well.

Saturday, we climbed Moosilauke which was right around 8.5 miles.

How we enjoy a day off
And then on Sunday.... We headed out to preview the course for this absurd race that Eric is signed up for. "Ridge to River" I believe.
Words of wisdom: Don't do it, but instead spend the day repeatedly closing your feet into a piping hot George Foreman grill.

I was expecting a "trail run" and it was a god damn mountain climb. Almost 4k of elevation in 10.5 miles.
You can't even tell how steep it is
It was shit. Like actual shit, not like "the shit."

View from ABOVE the chair lift
And we didn't even make it the whole way! Which, of course, pissed me off and I'm planning how to conquer the whole trail.

You made me upset, trail

So let's see.
What is good:
-the leg is getting better
-as long as I can actually run, I am doing my best
-the weather (much cooler) (also, see bad)

What is bad:
-Well, I would like to be more fit
-At this point I would like to see both my speed work, and long runs longer....
-The weather: if it is hot on race day this nice cool spell will spell certain doom!

Stats:
Miles: 31.2 (with one million feet of elevation)
Hottest day: Not hot. I think my warmest run was 79
Longest run: 11
Hiking miles- 8.5

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment