Saturday, July 13, 2019

Training for Marine Corps Marathon: Week 3. More summer.

There were about 1.2 million reasons not to run during the past week. Hot, humid temps. A mid week 2 day horse show. Stuff and Things.

But I got out and did it.

Still no speedwork, which I must remedy.

I'm still in a place where I need to figure out my hydration/sodium/electrolyte balance as well. I know my stomach gets funny when things aren't quite in the correct balance, and it seems to be a work in progress (I'm looking into those salt stick pills as an option. I use the huma gels with the added sea salt- and really like those. But feel that I need more for longer workouts. Help??)

I bumped up the long run to 12 and change this week with no issue. My other 3 runs were basically at a standard pace, although one was over bitch hill (more of a workout, clearly.) We had one family run (Eric, Ellie, Me) at ass o'clock in the morning. I'm not too fond of running early, and yes, I am aware that I am a rare case.

There were massive fires in Canada last week, and we were smack dab in the path of the smoke. Apparently, the smoke was so high that did not impact the air quality, but it certainly created some serious haze.

Anywhoo.
Easy, early 5 miles on Tuesday morning. No photo, no proof.

Bitch Hill Thursday in the HAZE.
Some clouds but mostly smoke

Basically every run was a sweaty slog. I am determined to LOVE THE HEAT.

FRESH AS A DAISY
And yes, I have embraced being the person who wears a hydration pack. It's something I learned to love while hiking, and it is convenient AF. How else can you easily carry 1.5 liters of water?? Also, Osprey makes a really tidy little pack and I am a huge fan. I hydrate more with water than with beer on pub run day at this time of year, and I appreciate the capacity of this pack.

#hydration
Stats:
Miles: 30.4
Hottest day: Well, we had a 91 degree day but my hottest run was an 80% humidity 80 degrees
Longest run: 12.6
Hiking miles- NONE TERRIBLE!!!!! (busy. work. stupid. no day off.)


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment