Monday, June 24, 2019

Training for the Marine Corps Marathon: Week 2 & 3 (pre training)

Right, so despite a 3 day horse show, I still managed my goal of getting in 4 runs during week 2. (week starting June 10)

I had a "long" 7 miler, and then an assortment of shorter runs.

Really, nothing too exciting to report at this time!

The biggest challenge is managing to find the time and energy to get ANY run in at all. (this is certainly not a problem unique to me. Everyone deals with time management.) Especially when it begins to get hot, the LAST thing I want to do at the end of a long, hot day of working outdoors is go on a stupid run.

As things turned out, week 3 (June 17) was a bust. I'm a bit ashamed to have had a zero week (well, a couple hikes.) Basically, it was a bit of this, a bit of that, and mostly the desire to spend time with my sister who is visiting for the first time this year. Not going to be ashamed for THAT!!

Plus, we got a couple pretty hiking pics.

Yay!!

Pretty

Stats:
Well......
20 miles during horse show week (high temp 83, long run 7)
The following week, NADA



Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment