Thursday, June 13, 2019

Training for Marine Corps Marathon: Week one (pre training)

Yes. Somehow I decided that it would be a great idea to run a fall marathon this year.
I'll admit this: The last time I made such a decision I declared "never again!!"

My assumption is that since I have made the choice to run a late October race, this is a great chance to change my attitude and embrace sweaty summer training. I suspect this will not be a yearly occurrence, but I plan to not only make the best of it, but really give a good effort.

I took some off time in May, as per the plan. And then caught a nasty cold, which was not on the plan. During June, I hope to do 4 runs per week, all base building.

Week one went as planned.

4 runs, all pretty standard, all about 4-ish miles.

Weekly Stats:
Miles: 17.8
Warmest run-: 79 which felt HOT


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment