Sunday, April 14, 2019

We are here!!!

I'm always excited for the official pre-race arrival in Boston. Eric and I decided to stay in the City again this year (being able to hide from the rain last year in the airbnb was such a huge plus for Eric, that we decided to go for it again!) Also, there is nothing quite like being in Boston for Marathon weekend. It's a pretty big deal!

Also, we brought Ellie for her VERY FIRST BOSTON which is possibly the most exciting thing I can think of.

My pupkins very first Boston!!!
She thinks the city is insane. She loved hunting for the ducks in the common.

Where are they?!?
And she is is pretty fond of the fancy hotel. We were pretty excited that The Revere allows dogs!

Posh Dog
So, backing up a few days.
Lee and I made the trip to the expo on Friday. It was possibly the most efficient trip we have ever made.

Yes it is!
The secret? Instead of picking up my number first, I went to the expo first. There were literally SIX people in there. (OMG MAGIC)

The Adidas booth. We all know what this usually looks like!
I picked up my items and dashed. It was fantastic!

We did, of course, pick up a mini 26.2 brew. #tradition

Tiny beer!
And I got a pic with the friendly unicorn.

I love this guy
We then went to number pick up and it was just insane. INSANE.
(what was insane was how easy it was)

Even though there was no crowd, we still got to weave round and round
Basically, the Boston Marathon is a well oiled machine and the fact that we were out of there in less than two hours really proves that!

So what's next?
Oh. The actual marathon.
After the forecast changing no fewer than 1.2 million times, we seem to have settled on some of the weirdest shit you could hope for.

And what is that?
Temps rising from 54 to 70
Thunderstorms
Some rain
Maybe some sun (I actually bought sunscreen today)
Wind. Plenty of wind. In some direction, but who knows which one.
A Sharknado

Fuck it you guys. I'm heading out of Hopkinton at BQ pace tomorrow morning and the weather can suck it. I don't care. I'm not playing it safe. If it means I fall apart at mile 20, oh well. It's do-or-die time, bitches. Not finishing is NOT an option. I'm planning to own this shit. See you on the flip side.

Welcome to our psycho city, where is was 33 yesterday and 70 tomorrow


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment