Sunday, January 20, 2019

Boston Marathon 2019: Week 2 of training (the week that did not happen)

In 2018 I managed to pull off the impossible dream: avoid illness during my entire training cycle.

This year, not so lucky. I ended up catching a really bad cold which pretty much killed week two of training (January 7-13) I felt really horrible and gross.

SICK
If I was eyeing Boston as my only Spring race, this off week really would be of no concern. However, the timing of the crappy week may end up terminating my tentative Hyannis plans. We shall see)

I managed one 4 mile run, which was really pretty dreadful! That was the day I decided to back out of the rest of the week of training. (better to just back off than to push it and stay sick forever.) There were a variety of weather related challenges during the week, which would have compromised my plans anyway.

So. Week 2, you were dumb!

Stats:
Mileage: 4
Long run: 4, hahahah ugh
Beer at pub: No pub run!
Colds caught: Dealing with the beast of the one I began to catch last week. 
Coldest day: Really cold. Like -3
Snow days: 2

Signature


1 comment:

  1. Hm, related to climbing a mountain in snow and ice?!?! LOL. Glad you're doing better now!

    ReplyDelete