Friday, August 23, 2013

Rev3 OOB Relay weekend!

I'm very excited for this weekend!
It's Rev3 round 2 for the season, as I head down there on Sunday to be part of a kickass women's team. Thankfully, all I have to do is show up and run. I'll leave the shark infested ocean swimming and the 56 mile bike to the other ladies, thank you very much.

Hopefully we look as pumped as these people. #enthused

My hope is that I can woman up for a better half than at Quassy. Or at the Old Port Half. Or, come to think of it, any half I have done thus far in 2013. A heads up on the fact that this is a ridiculous goal at this time as I am freshly off Ultra training and happy (boring) rest time. The past two weeks of training have been wonderful and I feel fantastic but these legs will be hard pressed to do much better than a 1:49 or so. BLERCH.
Lucky for me we have a team with a truly excellent swimmer (she wins awards, for serious)  and a biker whose prowess is quite remarkable (she rides 100 miles before breakfast pretty much daily). They are beasts of athletes and I am delighted to be teaming up with them. I guarantee lots of pictures and tales of total domination. (those pesky all male teams better watch out!)
Oh, and the weather is shaping up to be glorious! So unusual. So exciting!
 
Since this is my first official race as part of the Oiselle Volee team I'm justifiably bragging (and not humbly) about how excited I am to represent! YAY I'M EXCITED!!!
Ok I'm done.
Except not really. 

That's ME! Somebody has to bring it coast to coast! ME!

That's ME TOO!!!
My first time on the Athletes page!!!

I can't promise that these screenshots won't become a regular thing.
 
Post OOB excitement I promise to catch everybody up on where I'm at with my Fall Marathon training, it's almost time for an August recap, and I have recently been asked some excellent questions regarding running, prancing, eating and being awesome which I plan to answer here on my blog. Luckily, these queries were not the kind which require an expert reply. (it is good to note, ask me questions at your own risk and remember that I'm the queen of slightly crazy/fantastic life choices!)
 
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment