Thursday, May 30, 2013

NYC Marathon! Track workouts! Who needs AAA??

The good news of the day is that I seem to be the only person in the world to have snagged a NYC Marathon lottery spot. I consider this to be a stroke of amazing luck and am VERY excited to run another major Marathon in 2013. Yay! Yay. YAY!!!
 
In other news in between some of the worst Spring weather that we have had in years there have been some glorious days, although they have been few and far between.
My workouts have returned to a place of feeling mostly good, which doesn't mean that I go skipping out of the house in the morning singing a happy song about muddy miles (of crap, yes I do...)
Lots of kickass track miles. Some decent long (ish) runs! I'm feeling good and really excited to race at Quassy this weekend since my competitive opportunities have been few and far between lately.
 
OK. Before you all get bored and quit my blog here are some pictures of my best faces.
 
I totally did hurdles at the track. ALL the hurdles.

Giving anger fist to the track. I love the track so this was silly...
No really, I LOVE the track!!!
Seriously. I'm not joking.

Need a trailer tire changed? I'm your girl...
 As you can see I am a woman of many talents. Tire changing, yes. Hurdle jumping, yes (NO). Able to still run at a sub 7 pace, YES! Lottery luck, HELLS YES!

I'll be blogging with some actual purpose over the next few days as team Shut Up Legs prepares to travel to, and conquer the Rev3 Half at Quassy with great attitude, talent and style. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment