Friday, February 10, 2012

The big 4-0

Looks like I'm going to have no problem cashing in on a 40 mile week. (all I need to do is run 3 miles today and cha-ching! it's in the bank...)

Officially, this will be my highest mileage week EV-AH. Since I have 5 planned for today- and a Saturday rest day it appears that 42 will be the grand total.

It was a LOT of legit hill work. (all my daily mile friends already know this- I've been wailing and moaning about the HILLS every day!) Everything has been done at about an 8:15-8:30 pace which is well within my confort zone.

After the 7:30 m/m 10 miler last Sunday I re-determined that speed like that is mose certainly NOT easy for me. Bottom line, if I want to become faster in the Half I'm going to have to dedicate some time to real speed work.... Which I do NOT enjoy... BLAH...

I feel good about the mileage that I accomplished this week. I'm a little tired!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the miles! Very cool to hit a "milestone." And yes, speed work sucks, but it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my lowest mileage week in fact it is at zero although I am going to run tomorrow. My foot should be fine now though.

    ReplyDelete