Sunday, July 10, 2022

Cannon #39 of round 2 of the NH48

Cannon is not our favorite.  Not every mountain can be, after all, and there's something about the short, steep climb followed by droves and droves of people who take the tram to the summit that we find off putting. Weirdly, when I blogged about our maiden voyage up Cannon back in 2020, we didn't mind it and I believe I may have absurdly rated it easy. I can only assume now that I did so due to the fact that it is short, most of it is relatively protected and because I was young and dumb. 

Short and sweet: Sunday June 11 we had very limited time, and we were already camping in the area. So, Cannon it was. We got up there early and made short work of it. There was literally nobody at the summit, and we barely saw anyone until the descent.  It was steep and dumb and generally annoying. 

Good weather. 




No crowds. 




And we still don't like it. 
But it's done for this round, for Spring and for June

Stats:
Miles: 4.25

Elevation: 2306

Time: 2:23:56

Fun: Sara: 6
Eric: negative one million

1 comment: