Sunday, April 3, 2022

Cabot, #17 of round 2 of the NH48

We wrapped up February by hiking Cabot, which is always a stupid idea. 

I kid, I kid. Kind of. I describe Cabot as being "An unexciting and long walk through the woods.... Followed by an unexciting summit.
Let's be really honest right now. That sums it up. It's a long ass walk. 

And it was cold, and snowing. (last time we did it, it was hot and raining....)

This blog is going to be short, because SERIOUSLY, nobody needs to read 2500 words about friggin Cabot. 

Right. It snowed. Bullshit. 




We wore snowshoes because of snow. 

We almost froze in the final mile (even though it's steep AF) because it was sketchy cold and bullshit windy. 

We were so thankful for the cabin!!! There happened to be someone else in there who gave me a funny vibe. That is what happens when you are a woman- you sometimes get a vibe that makes you say "I am glad I'm not alone, even though I am a badass independent female...

We RAN back down the mountain and stopped to take one angry photo. 




We got back to the fish hatchery. It was still snowing and our phones shouted some crazy panic alarms because there was a "snow squall warning...." Anyway, we were done so we did not care, the end. 

Miles: 9 and change

Elevation: 2730

Time: 3:58:26

Fun: I said it was a 5 because at least we got it done, Eric was kind and gave it a 6

No comments:

Post a Comment