Monday, March 7, 2022

Checking in after like, a year

I'm not technically back... 
Know blogs aren't a thing anymore, and that this is basically my online diary. That being said, there is nothing wrong with an online diary!!

So last summer went off the rails more or less. Not in a bad way- we all stayed healthy, business was good. Just any plans I had for running/racing/etc went to crap. After June, I did not run more than a random trail mile here and there until THIS week. My fibroid (which I had removed- along with a hysterectomy on November 1st) was making things miserable. I could not run at all without needing too pee many, many MANY times (like, 3 stops for a 3 miler. at least. not cool.) That, plus the pressure and THEN a month of fall foot pain made me quit. 

I let both my trail race and Boston dreams go when my running was not up to par. I would have gone to shuffle Boston- but it was 2 weeks before my surgery and there was NO way I was going to risk getting Covid. 

So long story short. 

A lot of things that were good happened last Summer. We hiked and worked and played with our dog. We made funny memories that are only funny to us and Evan, like Marlene, Parkour and Sustainable Goat Hiking. I finally had that surgery and it went just about as well as I could have hoped for. I had some anxiety leading up to it- fear of the unknown will do that to a person, but I'm happy to say that I'm feeling better than ever at this point. Like, really. No lie. 
I did manage to hurt my shoulder/back in January and am JUST getting pain free from that. That issue was almost as annoying than being on post op rest....

Plus, finally managed to run 3 miles yesterday (yes, at a 10:57 pace but I do not care! I'm just happy to be out there!)

Now that we have completed our first round of the NH 48, I am going to try to report in about our second round. 
If this was 10 years ago this would probably mean a name change for this blog, but I'm not going to go to any great lengths. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment