Thursday, February 18, 2021

Cold weather and hiking on Valentine's Day

Crap. It's already the middle of the week, and I have not yet recapped the drama and excitement of last week. 

Who am I kidding. It's 2021, and there is nothing going on other than running by your lonely self. 

Last week was kind of a mess. I felt horrible (female issues, NOT Covid.) It was cold AF. Gross. Not a good week at all. 
I ran a total of 23 miles, all on the treadmill, which I swear is broken in some way because running on it is such a struggle. 
But it was so cold and such a shit show. 

NO

Thankfully, the week took a big upward turn on Sunday. The weather was finally decent (over 20! amazing!) and we took off for our first hike since January 1st (also, my first half day off since then. gross. I need to get it together with the personal time FFS.) 

We scooted up Mt. Pierce in mint conditions and had a blast. Such a super way to enjoy Valentine's Day! 

Heart shaped hiking donuts 

Then.... We decided to run all the way down. It WAS FUN SO FUN OMG!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

And THEN! For the next 3 days I felt like I had run a downhill marathon. Whoooooops. Totally worth it, but not only have we NOT trail run since September, or hiked since January, but I was in legit winter boots and we packed for hiking not running. So, ouch. Also, we are old. The end. I would do it again. 

Oh, and it other good news. I managed two strength workouts. I'm clearly going to win the fitness olympics here..... 

Stats:
Miles run: 23 barf 
Hiked: 6 YAY
Warmest day: One million below
Coldest day: Same
Snow:Nope
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 1/33 STILL WINNING!!!! (probably not still trending this way, but I don't bother to log miles until the end of the week)  

No comments:

Post a Comment