Sunday, January 10, 2021

Brown January

It was a zero weather week, and that makes me very happy. No snow. No ice. No rain. Brown (ish) January in full effect.
One might notice that I am somewhat consumed by the weather, but I work outside, so it is legit. 

Pretty normal week in the running department. After last week's "good bye 2020" week long Dopey Challenge, I went back to more sustainable mileage (about 35 miles) I am not yet sure how this impacted my standings in either challenge. Last week, upon investigation, I concluded that in both events I had landed in with runners/walkers who log weekly mileage that is not realistic for me. So, I imagine I will fins myself sitting a few places lower. 
The 202.0 winter challenge is totally being dominated by people in their 60's who literally walk ALL DAY! I'm pretty impressed. My parents are in their 70's and still walk everywhere, and are unreasonably active, so one would think that in 20 years I'll be the retiree dominating the mileage challenges.

After a short "break" at work around New Years (literally 3 days with limited lessons, so not a vacation) we are back to it in a big way this week. I managed to run outdoors, sometimes in the dark, every day but one. The roads are AMAZING right now- dry, zero ice, just super. So I'm getting out there whenever I can. I did take a rest day on Tuesday- the first one since October. I certainly realize that during this non competitive year, my running has been about quantity over quality, and that is fine for now. If I knew I had an event on the horizon, I would take a few days, then begin to regiment my workouts quite a bit more. But hey, for now junk miles 6 days a week are fine, and are doing the trick. 

Same plan for next week. Sticking in the 30-35 mile range and hopefully sticking to the totally decent weather. My mileage is right on track, minus the actual workouts, for Boston Training. Apparently old habits die hard. 

Stats:
Miles run: 
Running: 35.07
Warmest day: 36
Coldest day: 34, low of 18
Snow: NOOOO SNOWWWW or rain YAYYYYY
Place in Challenge (s) on Sunday night: 
Boston to Bar Harbor: 123/573 NO CHANGE. NONE! Weird. I figured I would drop- I'm definitely in with the people who hike around 50 mile weeks regularly. I literally refreshed the results a couple times to make sure this was legit
202 Winter miles: 42/1414- I dropped down 15 places this week, because I dropped my mileage. 3 people have finished. It is my goal to finish in the top 50- but since people keep joining weekly, with fully completed mileage, it is hard to know how the competition will shape up! B goal is top 100. 

No comments:

Post a Comment