Sunday, August 4, 2019

Training for Marine Corps Marathon Week 6: the one with the hot weather

So week 6 started off with 2 days where the temps were well into the 90's.
I just can't handle it....

So, Wednesday (with the weather still completely repulsive, but less deadly) I headed out to start week #6.

On this particular day, my lower legs still felt just horrible. Such a mess! Luckily- this was the end of the crap (at least for this week.)
Why?
-maybe because I committed to glute activation and stretching pre-run
-maybe because my legs just decided to get their shit together
-other, who knows what

So on Wednesday I did some unstructured speed work- because nothing felt worse than running easily.

I don't plan to post anything other than unattractive pics
Thursday was bitch hill. No real wildlife this week, but I did have to stop to help someone get their stubborn horse on their trailer.

Saturday was a 15 miler- probably the best long run of this cycle, even though it was pretty damn hot (about 84-80 during the run)
Why?
-run done on relatively rested legs
-run done on Saturday afternoon, instead of a random Thursday after crazy work
-fitness increasing?

Sunday was an easy few miles- the legs still felt good but I was just spent. Long run plus horse show plus not eating enough had me feeling crummy.

Overall, a solid week. Not high mileage but I'm still showing up. Next week will be more of the same, with a MAJOR cut back the following week. Also, more hiking miles next weekend (I'm basically on an every other weekend hiking schedule this summer-which is pretty awesome.)

Stats:
Miles: 32.4
Hottest day: Hottest run was 86 on Monday. Gross. 
Longest run: 15.0
Hiking miles- Off week :-( 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment