Monday, February 8, 2021

Boston Marathon Training: Week 7 recap

Kidding.

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention :-)

I had a solid week of running last week, with a good "speed" workout on the treadmill (quite a few 400's- NOT fast. I think ONE was at my normal Marathon pace.) Compared to the speed I have been keeping lately, getting to MP is actually quite quick. 

I headed up Bitch Hill on Thursday after a rest day. It was quite a good run, on a pleasant evening, and done at a solid pace. I think having very well rested legs, nice dry roads, and having a change of scenery all played parts in the relatively speedy workout. 

On top of the first hill of Bitch Hill

I was able to get out and about again on Saturday, on a lovely day (39! sun!) I enjoyed 8 miles, which I can absolutely count as a long run at the moment. 

A pretty winter day

I did fall a bit short in my strength work goal, only logging one session. I'm not in the habit of fitting in extra workouts, so it's going to take some determination. 

Weather wise, it was a messy mixed bag. Snow, cold, sun, warm-ish.....

I continue to see the bitching about Boston on the internet and have helpful thoughts (to the people that are OMG HOW CAN I RUN CHICAGO AND BOSTON AND LONDON BLAHBLAH!!!!)

-YOU DON'T KNOW ANY DETAILS YET, SO SHUT UP
Boston has said NOTHING about details- no field size, no day to register, nothing. They could EASILY still cancel altogether, limit the field to Elite's or ANY number of things. Covid is NOT GONE.
If you get to run ANY major this year, you are lucky. So zip it. Take your first world problems and shove them. Suck it. CHOOSE one race and be thankful. 

Anyway, thank you for attending my Ted Talk. 

Stats:
Miles run: 32.1
Walked: 4.3
Warmest day: 39
Coldest day: Hmmm, I think it was a high of 22 on Tuesday
Snow:12" Tuesday, 2" Friday
Place in Challenge on Sunday night: 1/28   WINNING!!!! (not for long, I imagine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment