Sunday, January 17, 2021

More running in Pandemic times.

Another mostly mild winter week has come and gone.
We did get a crappy storm yesterday, but ALL WEEK was in the 30's. 

Gross snow slop. But pretty.....?

Bad news. WINTER IS COMING. CRAP......



I managed a decent amount of running this week, logging just over 33 miles. That being said, my early week runs were anything but inspired. To be honest, I find myself a bit depleted at the moment. the state the world has me feeling exhausted. The fact that we have been living our lives so differently for close to a year now, is really hitting home. Plus, I had a a variety of things I had to do that caused me great stress. PLUS THE WORLD IS LITERALLY INSANE. So, all in all, a challenging week. 
I continue to feel thankful that my family remains healthy, that my business remains busy, that my husband still has a good job. I count those blessings daily. But I recognize that something weird has happened. It is as if too many terrible things have happened in the past year, and I am almost beyond having the ability to register yet another horrible occurrence. I think this is called disaster fatigue, and I'm certainly on board with this being an actual thing....

*sigh* moving on. 

If I weren't for the fact that I know I'm going to wish to look back at this blog in a year or two to see "what was going on" I would probably just shut it down, because putting my cute little running goals out there really seems a bit twee at the moment. 
But I think that anyone who still reads this is most likely going through the same thing. 
(and probably understands that this is basically my running diary... If I was a "big" blogger (if that is still a thing?) I would really try to be even more thoughtful about the bullshit days that we are all living through. As in: I would probably have a more caring word than "bullshit days." 

SO. Running. More time on the treadmill than I would have liked, but whatever. Moved DOWN in the 202.0 challenge (like, 15 people have finished, and some of them just showed up with all miles completed. that's cool, but it makes for an unpredictable experience!)
In the Boston to Bar Harbor Challenge, I moved up one place, and am 90% done, with less than 100 miles to go. THIS HAS BEEN A LONG CHALLENGE. 

Stats:
Miles run: 
Running: 33.1
Warmest day: 39
Coldest day: BASICALLY SPRING. 32
Snow:Some huge mess on Saturday. 3" slop. Some rain. More slop. Gross. 
Place in Challenge (s) on Sunday night: 
Boston to Bar Harbor: 122/573 Up one place
202 Winter miles: 57/1462- A drop but not a serious one, considering 50 extra people showed up.... I think I have 45 miles to go in this one. I may get crazy and try to finish it up next week, which would put me ahead of my time completion goal by a decent amount. 

1 comment: